9 things to know about visiting our church for the first time:
- We have a large paved parking lot that you are welcome to park in.
- When you hear the conch shell blowing at the front entry, (9:30am) it means that the
- When you walk up to our sanctuary, please visit our “welcome tables” ….. we have cookies to share! The tables also offer guests a chance to get information, sign our guestbook and register children for Sunday School.
- We are a multi-generational service, with a praise band (contemporary music) as well as a traditional choir. Lyrics are posted on a large screen and hymn books are also located in the pews.
- For guests with children and babies – certified childcare is provided in the nursery and we offer Sunday School for ages 4-12. (Children are also welcome in the service, if guests prefer.) Sunday School starts about 15 minutes after the service begins and an announcement will be made to gather them for class. If your child is visiting Sunday School for the first time, please be sure to fill out a registration form, with contact information.
- Communion is held the first Sunday of every month. Everyone is invited to participate.
- About every eight weeks we host a “Discovering KUMC” class. Please visit the Welcome Table for details. The class offers guests an opportunity to get to know our pastor and learn more about KUMC.
- Enjoy coffee and snacks after the service! Set up on the “great lawn” (weather permitting) right after the service, we always encourage guests to have some treats and fellowship time.
- Nicia Platt is our “Welcome Team Coordinator” – please feel free to contact her with any questions that you may have. Email: [email protected]